Bakersfield Personal Injury Lawyers
What Constitutes Personal Injury?
The term “personal injury” pertains to any injury or harm that may be physical, emotional, or psychological in nature. These injuries may also lead to major traumas that have fatal or life-threatening outcomes. They may even result in permanent disabilities. The law dictates that there’s a legal liability to the person who allegedly commits the act that resulted in the personal injury to another person due to their negligence.
If you’re the victim of a personal injury, you have the right to file a lawsuit to recover your losses in the form of damages. You can collect damages as an award in monetary form for the losses and personal injuries. There are two categories of damages:
- Compensatory/Actual Damages
o Special damages – These pertain to economic losses, including earning losses, medical expenses, and property losses.
o General damages – Known as noneconomic damages, damages that cause pain, torment, and emotional suffering to the victim of the personal injury.
- Compensatory/Expectation Damages
o These types of damages that the claimant (victim) collects from the personal injury from the person responsible; the personal injury suffered by the plaintiff in this situation is a result of negligence or another person’s breach of duty.
As the victim, you must make your claim by formally filing a legal complaint against the alleged perpetrator and prove in the court of law that the individual or entity has violated Personal Injury Laws either intentionally or due to negligence. These cases are filed with the objective to seek the rightful and necessary compensation for the injury or damage caused by the defendant’s wrongful and unlawful actions.
Negligence is the most common basis of personal injury cases. The law covering negligence simply implies that each citizen shall be responsible for avoiding actions that put another individual at risk. Some accidents are truly inevitable, in which case your role as the plaintiff will be to establish the liability of the individual or entity that harmed you. To receive damages, you will need to prove that the injury would not have transpired if the defendant had acted in a responsible manner. This can be much easier with the aid of a personal injury lawyer in Bakersfield, CA.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for You?
A personal injury attorney is a legal representative that deals with cases that involve an individual being physically or psychologically injured due to the actions or carelessness of another entity or person. If you ever find yourself in this situation in the central or southern California area, contact our law firm in Bakersfield, CA, for legal representation immediately.
Personal Injury Losses
Automobile and other accidents can have horrible effects on the injured victims and their loved ones. The excessive medical expenses, lost wages, and challenges victims must face just to get their lives back on the right track can be devastating. You could be eligible to receive compensation for any injuries, pain and suffering, and property damage if you or someone you care about is involved in an accident. Even if you are uncertain who was at fault, a personal injury legal representative may be able to help.
Types of Personal Injury
Common personal injury cases involve:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Neck and back pain
- Workplace injuries
Usually, an insurance company represents the party accused of causing the injuries; however, their main objective is to pay you as little as possible while getting you to agree not to sue for damages. The best thing you can possibly do in this situation is to hire a personal injury lawyer in Bakersfield.
A wrongful injury lawyer will represent you all the way to court. They will also prevent errors and mistakes that can be brought against you in an effort to avoid paying out the compensation that you’re entitled to. If you’ve been involved in an auto accident and the other party’s lawyer has contacted you in an effort to discuss a settlement, the smartest thing that you can do is to hire an auto accident injury lawyer in Bakersfield, CA, to represent you.
If you’ve been injured in an automobile accident, you’ll surely have to deal with the other party’s insurance company. The involvement of insurance companies in auto accident claims severely complicate cases. It’s a critical mistake to think that the
insurance company will put your interests first. They are concerned about protecting their bottom line and will use misleading tactics to avoid paying out the appropriate amount of coverage.
Our personal injury lawyers are familiar with the strategies that insurance companies might take to reduce your claim. We have extensive experience building strong cases using accident reconstruction and expert legal defense. Hiring a personal injury lawyer to legally represent you and observe your legal rights can improve your chances at recovering maximum compensation.
You deserve legal compensation when you’ve been injured in a serious accident due to another party’s carelessness. Legal action won’t resolve all of your losses, but it will alleviate some of the future financial burden and recovery process. When you are involved in an accident and have sustained an injury, contact our personal injury lawyer in Bakersfield, CA. Our lawyers will stop at nothing to compensate you with the money you’re entitled to.
Hiring Personal Injury Attorneys in Bakersfield, CA
Some people aren’t certain whether or not they need to hire a personal injury lawyer. If you’ve experienced any of the following situations, it can be extremely beneficial to consult with a personal injury attorney in Bakersfield.
- Your injuries developed as a result of long-term treatment such as physical therapy or surgeries.
- You had to miss one and more working days due to your injuries.
- You already had an injury or medical condition that can be affected by the new injury.
- Your injury concerns the head or brain.
- Your injury made you unable to function normally.
- You experienced a permanent impairment that caused your injuries.
Hiring the services of an efficient personal injury lawyer is one of the most important things a person, especially victims, can do. They can legally represent you in the court of law to make your claims after having been injured either physically, emotionally, or psychologically by another individual, a company, a government agency, or other entities of this type. Personal injury lawyers are well- experienced in handling cases that violate the Tort Law.
Here are some important things to consider when contemplating working with a personal injury lawyer on your case:
- The lawyer should be updated about everything pertaining to Personal Injury Laws in terms of the scientific, social, and legal aspects.
- Like any other specialized lawyer, personal injury lawyers have the responsibility to perform tasks such as investigating on the claims, evaluating the merits of the case, formulating legal theories of the case, gathering evidences and information, making pleading drafts, researching about the case law, counseling the client, preparing the client for trial, interviewing witnesses, and many other duties. He or she should be able to perform all these things for the success of your case.
- The lawyer you chose should be a proficient negotiator with excellent oral advocacy skills. Superb communication skills are essential for handling negotiations with the other party.
- Your personal injury lawyer should effectively represent you and fight for your legal rights in the court of law.
- Ensure that your medical needs are attended to and all hospital bills plus other claims are settled by the defendant.
- The personal injury lawyer also has a role to determine the defendant’s capability to pay for your claims by investigating all his personal assets. An investigation of this type can only be done when the defendant is known to have no insurance. Their objective should be to make sure you receive the maximum limit of the insurance policy to meet all medical needs, including post-traumatic treatments.
Schedule an Appointment
When involved in a recent accident, you’re eligible to legally recover money for injuries and other damages. An injury resulting from someone else’s negligence, can result in multiple problems. Such as; physical injuries, physical rehabilitation, medical expenses, long-term disabilities, expensive medications, and future surgeries. Above the physical pain & suffering you experience, you may also be unable to live out your daily routine. This would include working, to helping around the house, or being a good parent or spouse. When another person is responsible for your injuries, you have a right to recover your losses.
Working with an expert personal injury attorney in Bakersfield, CA, will help you obtain the compensation you’re deserve. Don’t allow the complicated legal system or self-concerned insurance companies prevent you from collecting the settlement you deserve. Contact the Law Office of Kyle W. Jones to speak with local licensed personal injury attorneys at no charge.